Our client is looking for innovative, enthusiastic and exceptional C++ developers. They will be responsible for building and maintaining high-end embedded software and systems, they will also be responsible for software development by collaborating with relevant stakeholders and they should have a theoretical knowledge of the object-oriented programming language that can be used in the real world.
Area: Cape Town (in office), other areas (remotely)
Roles and results:
- C/C++ programming and integration
- Systems design
- Documentation / Technical writing
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Research / Surveys
- Service level monitoring
- System tests
- User support
- The ability to quickly build advanced software solutions that are relatively defect-free and easy to maintain
- Create firmware for custom hardware designs
- Code version management
- Consult with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborate with the software development team on application design and development.
- Develop software and oversee the deployment of applications across multiple platforms.
- Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creation of feedback channels on end-user applications.
- Software optimization by performing maintenance, updates and upgrades.
- Keep abreast of C++ standards and advances in application development.
- Proactively resolve issues to deliver high quality products
Education and diplomas:
- Advanced degree or diploma in computer science or related field
- Excellent work ethic, punctual, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams
- Be able and willing to travel internationally
- 4+ years of C/C++ development experience
- Network programming skills essential
- Knowledge of best practices
- Proficiency in C++ compatible languages such as C, Java and Python.
- Extensive experience deploying software on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Experience with knowledge of algorithms/data structures
- Good knowledge of OOP
- Software development lifecycle experience
- Experience with Windows and LINUX
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
- Coordination with other developers for implementation and testing of cross-functional requirements
- Candidate with preference / some knowledge of the Qt framework
- Qt Framework
- and Python
- C/C++ software developer
Find out more/Apply to this position