Site: Copenhagen, Denmark
Characteristics: Permanent contract
Hours: Full-time week (flexible work taken into account) – 37.5 hours
Salary: £55,500 per year
Closing date for applications: February 14 (Midnight GMT time)
Are you passionate about quality software? Do you want to make a difference for healthcare around the world?
We are a global, independent organization that strives every day to inform healthcare decisions. We collect and summarize the best research evidence to help doctors, nurses, patients, caregivers, researchers, funders and policy makers. We do not accept commercial or conflicting funding, and strive to minimize the risk of bias, in order to generate authoritative and reliable information.
Our development team is located in Copenhagen and supports the process of creating systematic reviews through a web-based application. We are a group of driven, mission-driven individuals who are energized by working together. We care about our users and pride ourselves on providing features that both ensure the quality of Cochrane systematic reviews and make review production easier and more efficient.
As a new software developer, you will help design and develop the web-based software used by thousands of Cochrane authors to produce systematic reviews, which includes tools and integrations for writing, statistical analysis, data management, study retention, data extract, and more. Due to the fast nature of our release cycle, the team interacts frequently with users and other stakeholders.
Who are we after
We are primarily looking for someone who is driven by the mission of Cochrane and our development team, meaning someone who cares about facilitating improved evidence-based healthcare decisions. We would consider this a bonus if you have specific knowledge of Cochrane, evidence-based healthcare, systematic reviews and/or the global health sector.
On the technical side, we are looking for an analytical and effective problem solver who can challenge our product and the processes around it, with experience designing and building web applications in an Agile environment.
We work in English.
what you would do
- Work with a talented, passionate and collaborative agile team;
- Design, develop, test and maintain our review production systems;
- Achieve and maintain a high level of automated test coverage;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the product, code and processes.
For more information on the job description and how to apply, please click here.
- The supporting statement should state why you are applying for the position and how well you meet the requirements, using specific examples. Note that we will assess applications as they are received and therefore may be able to fill the position before the deadline.
- Application deadline: February 14, 2022 (Midnight GMT).
- Interviews will take place on: W/C February 28, 2022 (exact times and dates to be confirmed).