About the employer:
Well established and fast growing international company. Leading experts in our field; creating and developing exciting new, next-generation technologies and features for autonomous driving. Cape Town, with our team in Germany, is a diverse group of forward-thinking thinkers, with our primary focus being time-sensitive networking.
Attentive, fervent and determined yet cheerful is our team spirit, whether we are based on site or in home offices, we pride ourselves on having an open channel of communication, being open-minded and respectful of one another towards others.
About the role:
We are looking for innovative, enthusiastic and exceptional C++ developers. You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of high-end embedded software and systems. You will also be responsible for software development by collaborating with relevant stakeholders. You should have theoretical knowledge of object-oriented programming language that can be used in the real world.
Preference will be given to candidates demonstrating skills in the following areas:
- Experience managing large, long-term projects, mostly unassisted
- Real-time multimedia and embedded development experience
- Experience with OSI Layer 2, in particular AVB and its related protocols
- Minimum 4+ years of C/C++ development experience
- Network programming skills essential
- Knowledge of best practices
- Proficiency in C++ compatible languages such as C, Java and Python.
- Extensive experience deploying software on a variety of platforms and operating systems.
- Experience with knowledge of algorithms/data structures
- Good knowledge of OOP
- Software development lifecycle experience
- Experience with Windows and LINUX
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP protocol
- Coordination with other developers for implementation and testing of cross-functional requirements
Education and diplomas:
- Advanced degree or diploma in computer science or related field
- Excellent work ethic, punctual, enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Team player with the ability to work in small teams
- Be able and willing to travel internationally
Roles and results:
- C/C++ programming and integration
- Systems design
- Documentation / Technical writing
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Research / Surveys
- Service level monitoring
- System tests
- User support
- The ability to quickly build advanced software solutions that are relatively defect-free and easy to maintain
- Create firmware for custom hardware designs
- Code version management
- Consult with internal stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborate with the software development team on application design and development.
- Develop software and oversee the deployment of applications across multiple platforms.
- Perform diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creation of feedback channels on end-user applications.
- Software optimization by performing maintenance, updates and upgrades.
- Keep abreast of C++ standards and advances in application development.
- Proactively resolve issues to deliver high quality products
- Programming in C
- C++ programming
- Embedded C++
- Integrated C
- Embedded Linux
Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years Software development
Desired level of qualification:
About the employer:
FasA well-established, rapidly growing international company. Leading experts in our field; creating and developing exciting new, next-generation technologies and features for autonomous driving.
Find out more/Apply to this position