Job Description Summary
For more than 40 years, GE Power Conversion has designed and built control and automation solutions in a wide variety of segments including; Marine, industrial process control and oil and gas. To create the above bespoke systems, we have developed a range of innovative products and networks that utilize the full spectrum of computing technologies, from high-speed embedded software to Microsoft Windows-based operator interfaces and analytical data processing in the Cloud.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our teams of experts working on:
Dynamic Positioning (DP) allows a vessel to maintain a predetermined fixed or moving heading and position with tolerances as small as a meter or two for positioning and a degree or two for heading. Additionally, the DP system provides predictive information to operators to enable effective decisions that help ensure safe and efficient operation.
GE Power Conversion’s Visor solution enables real-time remote monitoring of assets by GE experts based anywhere in the world, enabling increased response time when it’s needed most.
The mission of our Full Stack Software Developer role is to maintain and bring the relevant system/product to the next generation.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Specify and implement new developments to extend the capability of the relevant existing product/system and associated tools, for continuous improvement and/or simplification.
- Modernization and porting of existing functionality to new platforms and/or operating systems, as needed. Support discussions with stakeholders to define the future strategy of the system/product concerned.
- Integrate cybersecurity into the relevant system by following industry standard procedures.
- Prototype/refactor frontend and backend services with microservices architecture and time series database like Kafka/Cassandra.
- Investigation of reported complex issues on relevant systems/products in operation. Provide support to project, commissioning and service teams worldwide.
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Degree or equivalent in computer science, mathematics.
- Demonstrated experience developing full stacks – frontend, backend with microservices architecture
- A general understanding of cybersecurity standards such as IEC62443
- Experience in databases such as SQLite, Postgres or similar
- Experience working in automation/control or similar technical discipline would be a plus.
- A good understanding of the entire SDLC.
- Experience with Agile SW development methodologies for eg Scrum, Sprints, iterative development.
- Be well versed with branching/marking/releasing processes in GIT or similar.
- An understanding of continuous integration builds and deployment process using CI tools such as: Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Demonstrated experience with tools such as Jira (or similar sprint task and issue tracker).
- Demonstrated experience using Confluence (or similar internal wiki) for implementation documentation, test cases, test reports, and any other knowledge sharing tool.
GE’s power conversion is at the heart of tomorrow’s energy electrification.
GE Power Conversion will give you the opportunity to develop your career in an environment where everyone feels they belong, their contribution matters and they are able to achieve their full potential, regardless of their background, identity or situation. .
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive flexible benefits package.
We also understand that not everyone has the same expectations when it comes to jobs, careers and work-life balance. We are therefore happy to discuss flexibility requirements.
Inclusion and diversity
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce, we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
About GE Gas Power
GE Gas Power designs cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, fueling growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our advanced technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make the gas work for our customers, our stakeholders and the world. Through constant innovation and an ongoing partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and delivering the cleaner, more efficient energy people depend on today.