Consulting firm Net Zero Energize is looking to expand its team and is looking to hire someone who can not only do “the job,” but who challenges it and then seeks to improve it.
Energize is currently looking for a senior software Developer join a growing team. To be successful in the role, you will need to work efficiently, have good communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with complex software while seeing the big picture.
- able to build good relationships based on trust, respect and vulnerability?
- a natural problem solver and solution seeker?
- autonomous and able to show initiative?
- Passionate about sustainability and excited about what we do and how you could contribute?
- effective in your schedule?
- friendly and approachable?
- committed to personal growth and professional development?
- ready to cause some good trouble?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then read on…
As a Software Developer, you will help design, build and implement software to support Energise’s mission to be the catalyst for 1% of the UK to go Net Zero by 2025. help develop our end-to-end Net Zero solutions and mobile engagement platform(s) to deliver Net Zero to enterprises, SMBs, individuals, families and communities. You will work with a high level of autonomy, while combining closely with two existing colleagues who already support this area to solve challenges and ensure success. As a new role, you have the opportunity to have a unique impact on our mission.
As part of this role, you will be required to:
- Work with other developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean and efficient code based on specifications
- Provide support for the management of our database(s)
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Code and edit documents; review API documentation for accuracy
- Perform code analysis, code reviews and software reliability analyzes
- Troubleshoot problems with software and respond to suggestions for enhancements and enhancements
- Collect and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Collaborate with the extended team to identify feature enhancements that will enhance the customer experience
- Create technical documentation for reference and report
- Stay up to date with new technology trends
- Assistance with software project management and reporting
- Perform other assigned duties
Essential experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience required
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Full development lifecycle experience from requirements analysis to coding and release
- Strong understanding of API design and implementation
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment, which includes creative critique discussions, giving and receiving constructive feedback to and from other team members and clients
Frameworks: React, Vue, AngularJS, Node.js, .NET
Databases: SQL Server
- Experience leveraging back-end technologies to integrate server-side capabilities into front-end code such as REST, JSON, ASP.NET, SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with ZOHO Creator and ZOHO App Suite
Skills you will gain
- Honing your development skills
- Exposure to new languages and frameworks
- Opportunities to participate in innovative projects in a growing company
- Opportunities to participate in the development of mobile applications
This is a mid-level role, and the career path below is an indication of the progressive steps that can be taken within Energize provided a role is available and the required skills are achieved :
- Senior DEVELOPER
- Development Manager
- Boss of
- Salary from £32,125 to £40,800 (depending on experience)
- Pension plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Bonus system (linked to employee and company performance)
- Additional benefit information is available on the Our Impact page
How to register
If you think this role is for you and you have the necessary experience, passion and enthusiasm, find out more by following this link and filling out an application according to the instructions on the portal.
The data will be anonymized before being submitted to the service for consideration of the role of reducing the risk of unintended discrimination.
Your deadline to apply is March 18.
Please do not call or email if you are a staffing agency.
Energize is committed to a policy of diversity, equity and inclusion in its recruitment process. We actively and consciously seek to recruit without prejudice on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, disability, creed (religious or otherwise), of that employee’s age or sexual orientation.