At Software for Good, we bring people and technology together to solve complex global issues such as climate change, housing, healthcare, human rights, renewable energy and education. And we are recruiting!
We are looking for new skills and perspectives to add to our team.
Software for Good is an all-remote digital agency founded in Minneapolis, and we develop web and mobile applications for clients including social enterprises, nonprofits, startups, and educational and government entities. We are looking for a full stack software engineer with a passion for building inclusive and ethical technology with positive social impact. The ideal candidate is a curious collaborator, eager to learn and experiment with new technologies and attentive to the impact of technology and the prejudices of the people who create it.
Software for Good is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people from all communities and identities. We strive to include people from underrepresented backgrounds and would like to hear what specific talents and perspectives you could bring to our team and our work.
We are looking for a developer with a comprehensive high-level experience who is motivated to collaborate on mission-driven software.
Our ideal team member is adept at communicating with customers and colleagues, and is committed to building great software.
Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following stacks: Ruby on Rails, Python/Flask, Node.js/Express or React.
Ideally, you’d also have experience with – or opinions on – some of the other technologies and tools we use, although we’re always open to new ideas.
• Front-end frameworks: React, Angular or similar
• Design patterns, architecture and deployment patterns
• Development strategies: behavior driven development, test driven development, agile workflows, version control
• Continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Databases: MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis
• Events and messaging: Rabbit, Kafka, Resque, Sidekiq
• Automation/DevOps: Ansible, Capistrano
• Server infrastructure: AWS, Azure, Heroku, Docker, Linux
• Headless CMS: Strapi, Netlify or similar
We are also open to working with long-term entrepreneurs who have relevant experience but are not looking for full-time employment.
Note: For payment and tax reasons, employees must be based and authorized to work in the United States.
Wondering if Software for Good is right for you? We think we have a lot to offer:
• The opportunity to work on engaging projects that you can feel good about
• A fully remote team open to working with employees beyond our Minneapolis base
• Flexible schedule with standard shift hours and the ability to work when you’re most productive
• 40 hour work week (for real)
• Unlimited PTO, which you will be encouraged to take
• 401k and match
• Medical and dental coverage for you and your family
• Family-friendly policies, including fully paid parental leave
• Education and training budget
• Home office setup budget (including provision of devices to meet people’s needs and preferences)
• Bonus potential based on company performance
• A bunch of other great work/life benefits that don’t quite fit into a bulleted list
The Software for Good corporate values are:
• Open and honest communication
• Hold ourselves and others accountable for high integrity work
• High quality of life for employees
• Social justice and inclusion
Salary scale: starting at $110,000
Sounds like a good fit? We would love to hear from you! Email us at [email protected] with:
• Your CV
• Some information about yourself and your interest in the position
• The earlier you could start working