A leading engineering solutions provider in Durbanville is looking for a proactive and meticulous software developer for automotive controls and data analysis. You must have a BTech or a BEng. Degree in electronics/mechatronics engineering, have 3-6 years of relevant experience, CAN J1939 communication experience, knowledge of ISO 26262 software development processes, proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink, be an SA citizen and willing to travel internationally abroad for varying periods.
- MATLAB/Simulink software development for embedded controllers used in the automotive environment.
- Under the direction of the Senior Software Engineer, be responsible for documentation, verification and testing of embedded software.
- Development of software algorithms and optimization of control systems.
- Take charge of the development and support of data analysis tools written in MATLAB.
- Manage the automated processing and analysis of daily recorded field data.
- Development and support of CAN bus recording units on test vehicles.
- Development of models and simulations of system installations using MATLAB/Simulink.
- B Eng. Degree in Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering (M Eng preferred).
- Willing to travel abroad for variable periods.
- South African citizenship.
- 3-6+ years of experience.
- Mastery of the MATLAB/Simulink environment. Experience with Simulink embedded encoder will be beneficial.
- Knowledge of J1939 CAN communication and associated test tools/equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of ISO 26262 software development processes will be beneficial.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent in task management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Good written and verbal communication (English).
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. AloneSouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position