LOCATION: Scotts Valley, California
We have the opportunity to join the Alliance as a Software Developer III within our Application Development team. There is one position that can be filled in any office (Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas), or it can be completed remotely in California.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE:
Reporting to the application development manager, you:
- Create, test, implement and maintain enterprise software systems and databases to support Alliance business needs
- Perform sprint estimation and planning for software projects as part of the Agile development cycle at the Alliance
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
To read the full job description and list of requirements, click here.
- Microsoft SQL Server database
- SQL queries
- TSQL Stored Procedures, Functions, and Triggers
- XML technologies, including XPath and XSLT
- Learn and adapt the software tools provided by the suppliers
- Collect and analyze complex data and information, solve problems and develop practical and effective solutions
- Understand and document the needs of business users
- Communicate effectively with vendors and software support personnel regarding system-specific issues
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and a minimum of five years of software development experience from specification to implementation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may qualify
- Although this position is linked to one of our Alliance offices, we are currently in a fully remote work environment due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The interview and onboarding process for this position will be conducted remotely.
- This post may require a presence on site when our offices reopen. On-site presence will most likely be part-time, but depends on business needs.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements: Currently, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon entering the office. Fully Immunized is defined as receiving the second dose of a 2-dose series (eg Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receiving a single dose vaccine (eg Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the reminder (if eligible); AND a period of 2 weeks having elapsed since the last dose of vaccine was administered. If you claim to be vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be presented at the time of hiring.
In addition, all Alliance positions must meet these minimum qualifications.
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Lots of paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust health and wellness program
- EV charging stations
- And much more
ABOUT US: We are a group of more than 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission to provide accessible, quality healthcare guided by local innovation. We feel our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work every day knowing that we have made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you’ll be part of a respectful, diverse, professional, and fun culture, and where you’ll be empowered to do your best. As a nonprofit regional health plan, we serve more than 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here.
At present, the Alliance does not offer any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and continuous basis without the need, currently or in the future, of any type of employer supported or provided by sponsorship.
HOW TO REGISTER: If you are interested, please submit an online application here.