Our client in the electronic payment industry is looking for a software developer with strong Java programming skills, to join their team based in the historic center of Stellenbosch. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of software development experience.
- Formal tertiary qualification (e.g. Computing, Information Technology, Engineering)
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in development.
- Java, Standard and Enterprise editions
- spring boot
- SQL (MS SQL Server)
- Development workflow: Eclipse/Netbeans IDE, Maven, GIT.
- Work in a continuous integration and testing environment
- SOAP and REST protocols
- Exposure to financial transaction processing systems
- Exposure to multi-threaded, high-volume real-time systems
- Postilion development skills (source/sink node development)
- Exposure and participation in Agile methods such as Scrum/Kanban
- Experience in front-end development with the Angular framework
- Good communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal
- Autonomous to achieve goals, immediate or longer term
- Ready to become a team leader
The Developer role is divided into the following areas of responsibility:
Technical integration of new customers into customer systems.
- Code reviews
- Write unit tests
- Perform internal system tests
- Perform development tests with external entities
- Build simulators
- Perform load tests
Fixes and maintenance on the current system
- Identify and solve existing problems
Improvements to current features
- System optimization
- Improve system robustness
Design and development of new features
- Code reviews
- Unit tests
- 3rd line assistance
- Collection of information, interpretation and communication of the resolution.
System security and audits
- Regularly assess system security
- Recommend or implement improvements
Improve development techniques and processes
- Study and propose new development processes and tools
- Maintain an automated build and test process
- Define and maintain the automated deployment process
- Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 15 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our clients’ employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.
Find out more/Apply to this position